The majority woman-owned law firm of Farrow-Gillespie Heath Witter LLP provides a full range of legal services to businesses, individuals, and nonprofit organizations.
Located in downtown Dallas since 2007, Farrow-Gillespie Heath Witter LLP is rated AV™ Preeminent®, the highest rating awarded to law firms, and is certified as a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE).
Representing companies and organizations from family-owned shops to the Fortune 1000 list, FGHW’s award-winning attorneys offer a full complement of business legal services, including litigation and arbitration in the areas of personal injury defense, products liability, employment defense, securities, cyber-liability, and general commercial disputes. FGHW also provides counsel in advertising and promotions law, employment law, contracts and business transactions, business formation and governance, commercial real estate, trademarks and copyrights, mergers & acquisitions, and taxation, as well as formation of nonprofit organizations.
For individuals and families, FGHW provides legal services including estate planning, probate and probate litigation, adoption, elder law and guardianships.
For Nonprofit Organizations
FGHW is highly experienced in forming nonprofit organizations and applying for tax-exempt 501(c) status. For nonprofits that are already established, FGHW provides board counsel, governance assistance, contracts, merger and acquisition counsel, and fundraising legal advice.
Experienced and Award-Winning
- Routinely named to awards lists, including . . .
- Texas Super Lawyers (a Thomson Reuters service) (Liza Farrow-Gillespie 2013-2017; Julie Heath 2012-2022; Scott Chase 2003-2017; Mary L. O’Connor 2008-13; Chris Wilmoth 2022)
- Texas Super Lawyer “Rising Star” (a Thomson Reuters service) (Jennifer Lewis 2016-2023; Jessica Dunne 2020-2023; Spencer Turner 2023)
- Best Lawyers in America (listed by Woodward White, Inc.) (Scott Chase 2012-2023; Mary O’Connor 2019-2023; Julie Heath 2020-2023)
- Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” (listed by Woodward White, Inc.) (Chris Elam 2021-2023; Jessica Dunne 2021-2023; Spencer Turner 2022-2023)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas (D Magazine) (Liza Farrow-Gillespie 2013-2018; Julie Heath 2017-2019; Mary L. O’Connor 2017-2021; Scott Chase 2018-2021; Paula Beasley 2022)
- Best Lawyers Under 40 (D Magazine) (Jessica Dunne 2021-2022)
- Substantial experience with large Dallas law firms (Baker Botts, Akin Gump, Jenkens & Gilchrist)
- Winner of a “Top 10 Texas Verdict,” Texas Lawyer Magazine
- Board Certifications, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, in Health Law (Scott Chase), Personal Injury Trial Law (Henry Wehrmann), and Estate Planning & Probate (Jennifer Lewis)
- Former Probate Court Judge (Chris Wilmoth)
- Routinely appointed in civil matters by state and federal judges
- Former federal judicial law clerks, interns, briefing attorney (Liza Farrow-Gillespie, Chris Wilmoth, Jennifer Lewis)
- In-house experience:
- Former General Counsel with publicly traded companies (Scott Chase)
- Former SVP-Legal with publicly traded company (Debra Witter)