Kim Vaughan Lerner LLP was founded in 2005 with the objective of providing unparalleled legal services by bringing together attorneys that offer diversity, not only of legal experience, but also of social, ethnic, and cultural experience. In representing our clients, we are guided by the following principles:
1. To provide highly competent and sophisticated legal representation characteristic of a large law firm, coupled with results-driven focus, flexibility, agility, and efficiency offered through customized legal services;
2. To recognize, understand, and anticipate our clients’ legal needs and advance their goals;
3. To identify practical, direct, and creative solutions to our clients’ legal issues through a combination of our own unique perspectives and aggressive problem-solving techniques; and
4. To practice law with honor, integrity, and professionalism.
We broaden our capacity to adhere to these principles by our active involvement in our community through leadership roles or as pro bono advocates. Our attorneys are members or have held leadership roles in a number of local charities and organizations. Some of these organizations include Legal Aid Service of Broward County, Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida, Hands On Miami, United Way of Broward County, the Caribbean Bar Association, the Asian Pacific American Bar Association, and the Mount Sinai Medical Foundation. We also are deeply committed to pro bono legal work. Our attorneys have been recognized for their pro bono efforts, including receiving the Lawyers for Children America John Edward Smith Child Advocacy Award, Broward Lawyer Care‘s “Law Firm of the Year,” Legal Aid Service of Broward County‘s and Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida‘s “Law Firm of the Year,” the Daily Business Review’s “Most Effective Lawyers Pro Bono Case of the Year,” and Lawyers to the Rescue’s “Pro Bono Lawyer of the Month.”
As a result of our unyielding observance of these principles, our attorneys have been consistently recognized as “Top Lawyer,” “Legal Elite,” “Rising Star,” and “Top Up and Comer” by legal directories and publications, including Chambers USA, Florida Super Lawyers, Florida Trend, and South Florida Legal Guide. Our attorneys are also referenced and quoted in local, state, and national publications, including The Wall Street Journal, The National Law Journal, The Miami Herald, The South Florida Sun Sentinel, South Florida Business Journal, and Daily Business Review.
Recognized Legal Talent
* The majority of our attorneys have been recognized as a top attorney or top up and coming attorney by one or more of the following publications:
– Chambers USA
– Martindale Hubbell
– Super Lawyers
– Florida Trend Magazine
– South Florida Legal Guide
– South Florida Business Journal
Trial and Litigation Skills
* Our partners have handled numerous high-value trials on a variety of issues across a wide range of industries, including four trials within the last year alone.
* Members of our firm are instructors with the National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA) and the majority of our attorneys have participated in NITA trial and litigation skills programs.
* We are panel counsel for several insurance companies in areas including employment law, aviation and aerospace, and general liability.
* We handle multi-million dollar breach of contract claims, and routinely represent corporations in litigation matters involving complex financial disputes, often through trial to a jury, bench, or arbitrator decision.
* We regularly represent large retailers, financial institutions, insurance companies, and numerous businesses in the hospitality industry.
Efficient and Effective Representation
* KVL retains all of the advantages of large law firm practice with the efficiency and adaptability of a small law firm.
* Our partners began practicing with a National Law Journal top 250 law firm.
* Our partners worked for several years as partners in AmLaw 200 law firms.