Insurance Attorney, Innovation | Milwaukee, WI Corporate
The Northwestern Mutual Law Department is seeking an experienced and agile attorney who is interested in joining a diverse, challenging, and fast-paced practice advising the Company on a wide range of issues as the Company works to transform how clients experience financial security.
What’s The Role:
This attorney will be a member of the Law Department’s Insurance Products & Operations Team, which supports the Company’s insurance risk products. As a member of this team and working collaboratively with the other members of the Law Department, this attorney will:
- Provide business areas with timely and high quality advice on law, regulation, and industry standards relating to the innovation and acceleration of processes relating to insurance business practices like product design, client experience, underwriting, and servicing.
- Serve as a point of contact on legal, regulatory, and other risk issues in connection with risk products and insurance operations.
- Act as a trusted advisor helping business professionals reach important decisions that mitigate legal and regulatory risks in a rapidly changing environment.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Candidates must have at least three years as an attorney practicing in-house, at a law firm, and/or in the governmental or regulatory space with experience with innovation in the insurance, litigation, and/or insurance regulatory enforcement areas.
- Candidates must be able to analyze a variety of legal issues, synthesize complex information, research independently, and provide legal advice to business professionals throughout the Company.
- Candidates must have a strong academic record and a Juris Doctorate degree. A license to practice law in the State of Wisconsin or a commitment to become licensed within the first year of employment is required. Click HERE to apply.