Talem IP Law offers a pioneering approach to empowering clients with federal IP protection, bringing together experience in patent preparation and prosecution, engineering, business, and licensing. Our firm includes attorneys and patent practitioners with backgrounds in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Civil and Mining Engineering, and Chemistry. Talem IP provides clients with comprehensive IP solutions in the fields of semiconductors, engineering, software, and medical devices.
Talem IP is 100% women owned and women managed law firm. Of Talem IP’s attorneys, 80% are women and 100% of our support staff are women as well. Talem IP is proud to be a WBENC-Certified Women Business Enterprise (WBE), a certified Women Owned Small Business (WOSB), and an active member of NAMWOLF (the National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms). Talem IP takes diversity and inclusion very seriously and strives to provide opportunities for working parents and employees who need an alternative work schedule.
Talem IP Law believes in innovation and progress. We invest in our attorneys and employees through comprehensive training, mentoring, and professional development and believe in helping them achieve their full potential. We seek out and implement cutting edge technology and cloud computing to increase efficiency and produce a superior quality of work. This combined approach allows us to offer consistent and valuable representation of our clients at competitive prices.
Talem IP’s core beliefs include the following:
Idea: Innovation starts with an idea. We help you capture and protect it.
Communication: We listen, ask, and explain.
Strategy: We pay attention to your business goal to create a customized approach to protect your unique ideas and innovations.
Protection: We establish defensive and offensive positions through obtaining and using a variety of intellectual property rights for each client.
Focus: We provide exemplary technical expertise to handle all of your IP needs from software to silicon.
Talem IP represents clients big and small, including large global corporations, universities, small to mid-size companies, and startups. Our patent practice group focuses heavily on patent preparation and prosecution but also conducts opinion and diligence work in technology areas spanning from semiconductors to software. The patent group is led by founding partner, Sarah Knight, a former chair of the AIPLA Patent Law committee and a renowned expert in the area of software patents. Founding partner, Wendy Zimbone, leads our trademark practice group, offering clients comprehensive IP coverage.
We offer services in the following practice areas:
Patents and Trademarks*
• Patent drafting and prosecution
• Trademark filing and prosecution
• Coordinating world-wide patent and trademark filings and prosecution
• Patent opinions (patentability, freedom-to-operate, validity, and inventorship)
• License Agreements and Option Agreements: patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secret
• Technology Development Agreements
• Data Use and License Agreements
• Software License Agreements
• End User License Agreements
• Mobile App Agreements and Terms of Service
IP Portfolio Development and Management
• Invention Disclosure protocols
• Portfolio review and evaluation
• IP Due diligence
Technology Transfer Services
• Invention Disclosure Review and Analysis
• IP protection, strategy, and portfolio management.
• All forms of University Licensing
* Talem IP’s Florida practice is limited to matters before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)