Talem IP Law was established in January 2015 when Sarah Knight and Wendy Zimbone joined forces to launch Gainesville, Florida’s first women-owned intellectual property (IP) law firm. Sarah and Wendy offer a pioneering approach to empowering clients with IP, bringing together over 25 years of experience in patent preparation and prosecution, engineering, business, and licensing. Talem IP is proud to be a WBENC-Certified Women Business Enterprise (WBE) and a certified Women Owned Small Business (WOSB). Talem IP’s core beliefs include the following:
Idea: Innovation starts with an idea. We help you capture and protect it.
Communication: We listen, ask, and explain.
Strategy: We pay attention to your business goal to create a customized approach to protect your unique ideas and innovations.
Protection: We establish defensive and offensive positions through obtaining and using a variety of
intellectual property rights for each client.
Focus: We provide exemplary technical expertise to handle all of your IP needs from software to silicon.
Sarah Knight is highly experienced in patent preparation and prosecution for clients large and small. She represents large global corporations, universities, small to mid-size companies, and startups. Her practice also involves conducting opinion and diligence work in technology areas spanning from semiconductors to software. Additionally, Sarah counsels clients on to patent portfolio generation, management, and strategy for US and international protection.
Wendy Zimbone specializes in IP licensing, IP strategy, and contract negotiations. Wendy previously worked as the Assistant Director of Engineering and Software Licensing at the University of Florida. She managed approximately 400 intellectual property cases, was responsible for overseeing an extensive patent budget, and negotiated dozens of license agreements each year. Her practice is focused on the importance of intellectual property in overall business strategy, licensing, and technology commercialization.
Talem IP is growing. Our firm now includes attorneys and patent agents with backgrounds in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, and Chemistry. Talem IP provides clients with comprehensive IP solutions in the fields of semiconductors, engineering, software, and medical devices. We offer services in the following practice areas:
Patents and Trademarks
• Patent drafting and prosecution
• Trademark filing and prosecution
• Coordinating world-wide patent and trademark filings and prosecution
• Patent opinions (patentability, freedom-to-operate, validity, and inventorship)
• License Agreements and Option Agreements: patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secret
• Technology Development Agreements
• Data Use and License Agreements
• Software License Agreements
• End User License Agreements
• Mobile App Agreements and Terms of Service
IP Portfolio Development and Management
• Invention Disclosure protocols
• Portfolio review and evaluation
• IP Due diligence
Technology Transfer Services
• Invention Disclosure Review and Analysis
• IP protection, strategy, and portfolio management.
• All forms of University Licensing