Willing to Act as Local Counsel
Helena S. Younossi has extensive experience helping companies ranging from startups to Fortune 500 multinationals with their U.S. business immigration matters, including employee work authorizations, I-9 IRCA Compliance, M&A, LCA Compliance, Immigration Program and Policy development, as well as Consular and Global work visa coordination. She also represents individuals and families in their immigration related needs. Ms. Younossi has been invited to speak on immigration and legal ethics by organizations such the American Bar Association (ABA), the Public Law Institute (PLI), the California State Bar, the Sixth Annual Statewide Ethics Symposium, and the Immigrant Legal Resource Center, to name a few. She is a Member of the State Bar Executive Committee of the International Law Section, the AILA National Ethics and Practice Management Committee, serves as the AILA NorCal Ethics Liaison, and is the former Vice Chair of the BASF Ethics Committee. For the past years, Ms. Younossi has been peer selected for inclusion in the The Best Lawyers in America, the Northern California Super Lawyers, the Bar Register of Preeminent Woman Lawyers, and the San Francisco Best Lawyers. She is a three-time recipient of the Wiley W. Manuel Award and completed Ironman Canada in 2004.
Select Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Ethicsal Considerations in Online Marketing and Messaging, Presenter, California AILA Conference, January 2014
- Practicing Immigration Law Across State Lines, Presenter, AILA National Webinar, December 2013
- Smooth Operator: Tips & Tricks to Efficient Productive Practice; Discussion Leader, AILA National, June 2013, Washington, DC
- Ethical Considerations in Drafting Client Retainers & Electronic Communications, Presenter, Northern California AILA Chapter, June 2013
- Immigration and Export Control, Renewed Focus of DHL, CA State Bar Annual Meeting, 2011.
- From I-9 Employment Verification Liability, Completion and Compliance Training Seminar, MyOHR (HR Consulting Services), November 18th, 2010, Campbell, California.
- Ethical Issues of Outsourcing Legal Support Services Overseas, 83rd Annual Meeting of The State Bar of California, September 23, 2010, Monterey, California.
- Ethics, Practice Management, and Marketing, AILA Spring 2010, Austin, Texas, 2010.
- Immigration and Export Control Considerations in Employing Foreign Nationals, Cooley Godward Kronish LLP, Palo Alto, March 20, 2009.
- Immigration Practice in a High Tech World, AILA NorCal, San Francisco, CA, 2008.
Committee Work and Honors
- Board of Advisors, AILA National Ethics Compendium 2013 – present
- Executive Committee Member, International Law Section, State Bar of California, 2009-2013
- National Committee Member, AILA Ethics and Practice Management Committee, 2009 – present
- Board Member and Liaison, AILA Northern California Ethics Committee, 2009 – present
- Cultural Advisor, Alliance for International Women’s Rights
- Board Member, San Francisco AIDS Foundation , 2007 – 2008
- Board Member, Pangaea Global AIDS Foundation , 2007 – 2009
S San Francisco, CA
601 Gateway Blvd, Ste 210, S San Francisco, CA 94080
650-737-7600; cell 415-373-8595